MKSK is a landscape architecture, urban design, and planning firm known for creative solutions addressing economic, social, environmental, historical, and cultural challenges within our cities. Our 90+ person team of Landscape Architects and Urban Planners, spread across 7 offices in 5 states, craft public places and spaces to transform, inspire, and perform successfully.
MKSK focuses on the planning and design of downtown, waterfront, neighborhood, cultural, and campus environments. Our relationships with cities, institutions, and private sector clients span generations. We are passionate about our work and the legacy of our practice!
We are looking to add a mid-career professional landscape architect to our growing studio in Cincinnati, OH. MKSK offers competitive salary and benefits and we emphasize workplace flexibility. We understand the need to balance work and life. Please apply by submitting a resume and portfolio to [email protected].
Primary responsibilities will include:
Practice under senior professionals to produce various planning, design, and presentation documents.
Collaborate within project teams to perform project tasks, goals and design objectives.
Assist project managers to define and track projects.
Learn and master computer programs and standards. Mentor other staff as appropriate.
Develop design, graphic, communication, management and client skills.
Participate in continuing education both inside and outside the office.
Ability to work and collaborate in team environment and effectively meet deadlines.
Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Proficiency in AutoCAD and ESRI ArcGIS software.
Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch-Up, and InDesign software.
Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook software.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in landscape architecture plus 3-5 years’ experience.
The City of Cincinnati Board of Park Commissioners is in search of an experienced leader to fulfill the role as Landscape Architect. This position will report to the Division Manager of Planning & Design and be responsible for providing specialized architectural and/or urban design and landscape architecture services;
prepare programs, documents, correspondence and presentations related to architectural and/or urban design and landscape architecture projects; serve as a liaison between the City, contractors and other related groups in order to help see a project through to completion; supervise personnel.
All inquiries relating to the recruitment and selection process for the Parks Landscape Architect should be directed to the Parks Human Resources Department at 513.357.2605. Formal applications close February 14, 2020 and should be submitted electronically to:
Please Note: Identities of candidates for this position are subject to public disclosure and release in accordance with the Ohio Open Records Act.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The following factors of education, experience, leadership, management style, and abilities have been identified as ideal attributes to possess in order to function effectively and achieve a high level of success in this role.
Each applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree (four-year to six-year track) from an accredited college or university in architecture or landscape architecture. If not registered in Ohio when appointed, Ohio registration must be obtained during the probationary period.
Possession of an architectural license by the Ohio State Board of Examiners of Architects as Professional Architect or possession of a landscape architecture license.
Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
Principles and practices of architecture and/or urban design and landscape design theory.
Auto CAD programs and their use.
Landscape materials and practices.
Facility management principles.
Construction materials and methods.
Cost estimation; budget management procedures.
Principles of management, supervision and training.
Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Create drafting/architectural/landscape architectural drawings.
Estimate costs and time requirements of construction requirements.
Prepare contract documents, specifications, requests for proposals and other documents.
Manage construction and landscape installation projects.
Work with a wide range of people, from construction workers to community leaders.
Analyze and solve complex -problems.
Make architectural presentations to the public.
Use computer office applications to prepare necessary documents and correspondence.
Manage, supervise and train subordinate personnel; assign work to personnel.
SALARY The anticipated starting salary is $71,831.14 to $96,535.05 annually. Salary and compensation are negotiable, depending on qualifications, experience, and record of professional achievement plus an attractive benefits and retirement package.
Faris Planning & Design, LLC is a land planning and landscape architecture firm located in Columbus, Ohio. Who works on a broad spectrum of project types including; residential, commercial, office, and industrial.
We are looking to expand our team by adding an entry to mid-level landscape architect. The primary function of this position will be a support role, assisting the staff in meeting deadlines for various projects and with day-to-day office tasks.
- Assist staff with production of site plans, elevations, and various other design exhibits
- Hand-draft and computer-draft plans and sketches for use in the design process
- Digitally render site plans and associated exhibits for various projects
- Aid staff with production of construction drawings
- Perform visits to project sites and carry out tree surveys
- Assist with day-to-day office functions, as needed
- Undergrad/Graduate degree in Landscape Architecture
- 0-5 years of experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, and Microsoft Office programs
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet required deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent visualization skills with digital media, good hand graphics are a plus
- Basic knowledge of local plant material is a plus
For consideration please submit your resume and portfolio to [email protected]
For more information about our firm, please visit www.farisplanninganddesign.com
Business development coordinator / proposal writer (Part Time / Contract position)
Planning NEXT is a multidisciplinary community visioning and planning practice that brings people together for a shared sense of purpose and place. We are proud to be located in the Short North neighborhood of Columbus, which was just named one of America’s Great Neighborhoods by the American Planning Association.
Our passionate practice is seeking a talented addition who shares our belief that in every community there is a better future. This individual will work closely with leadership to craft compelling messages about our work, to prepare materials that convey to potential communities the value we bring, and to proactively seek opportunities to share our stories with others. To be successful in this role, the business development coordinator must be a strong communicator, a quick learner with great aptitude for task management and a supportive team member.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Preparing persuasive materials. Produce graphically-rich and compelling proposals to secure new work and prepare dynamic presentations and materials for interviews.
- Conducting marketing reconnaissance Track and pursue marketing opportunities through a variety of forums.
- Showcasing our success: Prepare award nominations, generate conference session proposals, create advertisements and identify and contribute to publication opportunities.
- Managing web-based content: Prepare and execute effective strategies for web-based, social media and other electronic communications to creatively share our success.
- Guiding our brand: Proactively seek out new ways to promote the value of our work and the promise of our approach to potential clients and others.
We need someone who has:
- At least five years of professional experience in marketing, including proposal writing;
- A bachelors degree in a related field;
- Excellent writing, editing and graphic design skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office software (required), Adobe Creative Suite (required) and Wordpress (preferred);
- Video production skills (preferred);
- An interest in cities and communities, urban design and public engagement;
- A sense of humor.
This is a part-time/contract position. For more information about Planning NEXT, visit www.planning-next.com. If you think you can join us, please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
AECOM s Buildings + Places business line is dedicated to excellence and integrated design solutions. We offer exciting work, great clients and an award winning portfolio. With a range of expertise from strategy through project realization, the connections we make among people and places provide new insight to better outcomes for clients and communities. Better outcomes grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and make people healthier and happier. Our expertise includes workplace strategy, economic and development planning, master planning, urban planning, architecture, interiors, building engineering, and landscape architecture. AECOM's teams are leading the industry with visionary and forward-thinking projects such as the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, CA; multiple projects at the World Trade Center, New York, NY including Liberty Park; the Lower Manhattan Coastal Resilience (Big U), NY; and the LA 2024 Olympic bid.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Landscape Architect Intern for employment in the Cleveland, OH office. We are searching for candidates that have the ability to be inquisitive, strategic thinkers, that are interested in bringing new ideas that help make an impact.
Selected students will spend approximately 12-14 weeks working as an intern in our Cleveland, OH office. Students will be exposed to both the creative and business environments. Assignments will vary and include project research, site visits, computer production, design reviews, and assisting in marketing efforts. It is expected that candidates have basic hand drawing and computer software skills. Preferably, applicants have experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Trimble SketchUp, Rhino, Vray, Lumion and Microsoft Office programs. Interns will return to their studies enriched by exposure to a uniquely diverse project experience, and to the extraordinary opportunities in the profession of their choice.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professional across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out tasks.
- Performs entry level work.
- Follows instructions to accomplish task assigned by senior staff.
- Meets required schedules while producing quality work.
- Participate in the preparation of concepts, design development and graphic illustrations under direct supervision.
- Participate in design meetings. Work with senior landscape architects to compile data and prepare design solutions.
- Work in collaborative integrated teams of professionals that include civil engineers, architects, building systems engineers, planners and environmental scientists.
- Assist in the creation of technical drawings.
- Have the opportunity to visit a construction site(s) and/or completed project site(s)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in planning, landscape architecture, environmental design or other related field
- Currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Design or other related field
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD, GIS Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, or SketchUp
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Architecture and Design
Business Line Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Intern / Student
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230783BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
See AECOM's website for more information: