PARKS AND TRAILS DIRECTOR
$85,000 - 110,000
We are seeking a qualified Director of Parks & Trails to plan, manage and grow our Parks & Trails Client Service Group. Projects may include grant coordination and writing, interpretive sign design, multi-use paths and trails, natural open-space restoration and system design, parks and trails master planning and design, park facility programming, regional trail and greenway plans, waterfront park design, and zoological park design. This position will assist principals and the leadership team in building and elevating the Environmental Design Group brand for parks and trails, developing and implementing the group's business plan, and developing and driving employee programs that foster a positive work environment and help develop each employee to their full potential.
As a Director at Environmental Design Group you will:
· Ensure that assigned projects are completed within budget and schedule while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines.
· Establish and oversee implementation of technical protocols.
· Oversee technical and business operations of Service Group.
· Lead associate training and professional development opportunities.
· Develop program and annual budget for regional capital expenditures.
· Ensure technical production complies with applicable laws and standards.
· Monitor progress, provide financial control and ensure the quality of projects.
· Hire, develop and lead all Associates within Service Group.
· Manage service group's financials; develop and grow top-line revenue and financial targets; develop and manage financial model for staffing and resources.
· Guide the development and implementation of the group's business plans; translate overall business strategies to functional area strategies and tactics; successfully convey organizational mission, vision, values, and strategies company- wide.
· Identify project risks and monitor/mitigate risk throughout the project lifecycle.
· Author and implement business development strategies, including client relationship development, client pursuits, new introductions, and revenue procurement for the Group.
· Build and Elevate the Environmental Design Group brand for your Service Group and across all Service Groups in the organization.
· Attend networking events, trade shows and technical conferences for business development purposes.
Education: Bachelors or Master's in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Civil Engineering
Experience: 10-15 years
Supervisory Experience: 7+ years
Licensure: PE, RLA, AICP
Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
Analytical and creative thinking.
Excellent leadership and organizational skills in a team-oriented environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
This position will manage technical and professional staff members. Management activities include interviews and hiring decisions, training new staff, performance management, resource allocation and resource forecasting.
EDGE is an integrated team of planners, landscape architects and development consultants. We are project leaders and collaborative partners that balance creativity and functionality to create transformative environments. Our professionals provide innovative design solutions to architects, engineers, corporate clients, private developers, private and non-profit institutions, public agencies and municipalities in markets across the Midwest and South.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and resourceful marketing professional to join our collaborative team. As Marketing Administrator, you will support EDGE offices in Columbus, Toledo, and Nashville. This position will be based in our Columbus office. The primary responsibilities will be the execution of the company marketing strategy including the management of the company brand through various external communications. In addition, the individual will coordinate all proposal efforts and provide graphic support for marketing and project-related initiatives. Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills are a requirement. Experience in the architecture, engineering, and/or construction industry is preferred.
- Assist in writing and editing of content for website, social media, public relations, and project proposals in coordination with Principals and Practice Area Leaders
- Coordinate all social media communication and content in coordination with company Principals and Practice Area Leaders
- Produce proposal responses and statements of qualifications for project opportunities including customized responses and SF330 formats
- Maintain marketing collateral materials including graphic layout and organization
- Communicate and coordinate with consultant teams in response to RFP/RFQ solicitations
- Assist in the preparation of strategic marketing events including trade shows, conferences, and sponsorships
- Provide graphic support for project-related tasks including document/page layout, presentation layout, and photoshop renderings
- College degree in related field
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Email your resume to Tedd Hardesty (email@example.com).
EMH&T is currently looking for a Landscape Architect for our Planning and Landscape Architecture studio.
This position will work under senior landscape architects and be responsible to assist in the completion of a wide variety of landscape architectural and planning projects. Our current work includes a mixture of various size public and private projects. Responsibilities will include the preparation of design documents for projects ranging from community parks, streetscapes, master planning, private development projects and municipal projects from conceptual schematic design through to construction document plans. The ideal candidate should be willing to work in an open, multi-disciplinary team environment and be enthusiastic about landscape architecture.
Key Competencies And Capabilities Necessary For Success Include
- Superior document preparation, with an understanding of the landscape architect’s role in a consulting environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to research project requirements, materials and finishes, and current techniques that promote creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound
- Proficient hand drawing/rendering skills with strong presentation and communication skills are highly desirable
A successful candidate must have a Bachelor degree in Landscape Architecture, with at least three years of experience. The candidate should have strong Autocad skills, experience in Land F/X, Adobe Creative Suite including Indesign and Photoshop, basic knowledge of 3D rendering software is an asset as well as Google Sketchup and Microsoft Word and Excel.
EMH&T was ranked #1 Engineering Firm in Central Ohio by Columbus Business First Magazine.
For a full description and to learn more about worklife at EMH&T go to http://www.emht.com/careers. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMH&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer.