MKSK is a landscape architecture, urban design, and planning firm known for creative solutions addressing economic, social, environmental, historical, and cultural challenges within our cities. Our 90+ person team of Landscape Architects and Urban Planners, spread across 7 offices in 5 states, craft public places and spaces to transform, inspire, and perform successfully.
MKSK focuses on the planning and design of downtown, waterfront, neighborhood, cultural, and campus environments. Our relationships with cities, institutions, and private sector clients span generations. We are passionate about our work and the legacy of our practice!
We are looking to add an early career professional landscape architect to our growing studio in Cincinnati, OH. MKSK offers competitive salary and benefits and we emphasize workplace flexibility. We understand the need to balance work and life. Please apply by submitting a resume and portfolio to [email protected].
Primary responsibilities will include:
Practice under senior professionals to produce various planning, design, and presentation documents.
Collaborate within project teams to perform project tasks, goals and design objectives.
Assist project managers to define and track projects.
Learn and master computer programs and standards. Mentor other staff as appropriate.
Develop design, graphic, communication, management and client skills.
Participate in continuing education both inside and outside the office.
Ability to work and collaborate in team environment and effectively meet deadlines.
Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
Proficiency in AutoCAD and ESRI ArcGIS software.
Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch-Up, and InDesign software.
Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook software.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in landscape architecture plus 2-5 years’ experience.
Faris Planning & Design is currently looking for a Landscape Architect/Designer to join our team.
We are a Land Planning & Landscape Architecture firm in Columbus, Ohio which works on a broad spectrum of project types including residential, commercial, office, and industrial. The primary function of this position will be a support role, assisting the staff in meeting deadlines for various projects and with day to day office tasks.
- Assist with production of site plans, elevations and various other presentation materials for a variety of project types
- Hand-drafting and computer-drafting of plans and sketches
- Digitally render site plans and associated exhibits for various projects
- Assist with production of construction drawings
- Help with day to day office functions
- Undergrad degree in Landscape Architecture (at minimum)
- 0-2 years of experience (no minimum experience required)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and transition from tasks smoothly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent visualization skills with digital media, good hand graphics are a plus
- Basic knowledge of local plant material is a plus
For more information about our firm please visit, www.farisplanninganddesign.com
To apply for the position, please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]