PARKS AND TRAILS DIRECTOR
$85,000 - 110,000
We are seeking a qualified Director of Parks & Trails to plan, manage and grow our Parks & Trails Client Service Group. Projects may include grant coordination and writing, interpretive sign design, multi-use paths and trails, natural open-space restoration and system design, parks and trails master planning and design, park facility programming, regional trail and greenway plans, waterfront park design, and zoological park design. This position will assist principals and the leadership team in building and elevating the Environmental Design Group brand for parks and trails, developing and implementing the group's business plan, and developing and driving employee programs that foster a positive work environment and help develop each employee to their full potential.
As a Director at Environmental Design Group you will:
· Ensure that assigned projects are completed within budget and schedule while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines.
· Establish and oversee implementation of technical protocols.
· Oversee technical and business operations of Service Group.
· Lead associate training and professional development opportunities.
· Develop program and annual budget for regional capital expenditures.
· Ensure technical production complies with applicable laws and standards.
· Monitor progress, provide financial control and ensure the quality of projects.
· Hire, develop and lead all Associates within Service Group.
· Manage service group's financials; develop and grow top-line revenue and financial targets; develop and manage financial model for staffing and resources.
· Guide the development and implementation of the group's business plans; translate overall business strategies to functional area strategies and tactics; successfully convey organizational mission, vision, values, and strategies company- wide.
· Identify project risks and monitor/mitigate risk throughout the project lifecycle.
· Author and implement business development strategies, including client relationship development, client pursuits, new introductions, and revenue procurement for the Group.
· Build and Elevate the Environmental Design Group brand for your Service Group and across all Service Groups in the organization.
· Attend networking events, trade shows and technical conferences for business development purposes.
Education: Bachelors or Master's in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Civil Engineering
Experience: 10-15 years
Supervisory Experience: 7+ years
Licensure: PE, RLA, AICP
Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
Analytical and creative thinking.
Excellent leadership and organizational skills in a team-oriented environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
This position will manage technical and professional staff members. Management activities include interviews and hiring decisions, training new staff, performance management, resource allocation and resource forecasting.
Faris Planning & Design is currently looking for a Landscape Architect/Designer to join our team.
We are a Land Planning & Landscape Architecture firm in Columbus, Ohio which works on a broad spectrum of project types including residential, commercial, office, and industrial. The primary function of this position will be a support role, assisting the staff in meeting deadlines for various projects and with day to day office tasks.
- Assist with production of site plans, elevations and various other presentation materials for a variety of project types
- Hand-drafting and computer-drafting of plans and sketches
- Digitally render site plans and associated exhibits for various projects
- Assist with production of construction drawings
- Help with day to day office functions
- Undergrad degree in Landscape Architecture (at minimum)
- 0-2 years of experience (no minimum experience required)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, and Microsoft Word
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and transition from tasks smoothly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent visualization skills with digital media, good hand graphics are a plus
- Basic knowledge of local plant material is a plus
For more information about our firm please visit, www.farisplanninganddesign.com
To apply for the position, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org