Full-time or Part-time
Capstone Properties, a full-service, forward looking real estate company is looking for a landscape architect/design professional that also will provide property management leadership.
This diverse position will encompass roles in landscape architecture/design, property management, and managerial leadership. Projects include design and development of a master-planned “eco-village” residential community; 20-acre woodland city park; 1,800-acre woodland preserve; and more. The position will work with a team of real estate professionals and have the opportunity to impact highly visible community resources and projects in Athens.
The full-time positions would encompass property management responsibilities that include leasing within a dynamic, professional, team-oriented work environment with multiple businesses. The position will have roles in marketing, including website design and maintenance, accounting and financial record keeping, leasing, and more. The manager will work with a skilled, experienced leadership team and will be part of the executive team at Capstone.
Finally, the position will also be involved with real estate thought leadership on a national level through service to a leading real estate professional association, including support of research activities.
The candidate will also be supported and encouraged to establish and lead their own landscape architecture design firm targeting 3rd party (non-Capstone) work in the Athens, Ohio area.
- Landscape architecture majors; MLA a plus
- Able to both execute local, small scale projects in the field as well as function in national, professional settings
- Extremely strong comprehensive technology skills, including graphic and web design
- Ability to multi-task and combine activities in design, property management, research, and client relations
- Ability to work with wide cross-section of customers and the public
- Ability to work independently with significant organizational responsibility
Position located in Athens, OH. Vehicle and housing may be provided. $40,000 to $65,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications.
Visit www.capstonecompany.com to learn more.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to:
Position Title: Park Planner
First Line Report: Planning Manager
Second Line Report: Director of Planning & Operations
Employee Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary: The Park Planner assists the Planning & Operations Department in the identification and implementation of the long term Strategic Plan and subsequent Annual Plan of Operations for the department. Primary duties include providing individual project assistance in all phases of the design process for multiple projects along with other various duties to be assigned as determined by the Planning Manager. This position is suitable for transitional duty.
Assists the Department in the development and implementation of the Annual Plan of Operations (APO).......................................50%
- Performs tasks associated with individual project development including but not limited to; site analysis, conceptual design, grant writing, master planning, design development, cost estimating, construction document preparation, public bidding, construction administration and field representation
- Administers outside contracts for all phases of the project design process including but not limited to; professional surveying, geotechnical investigations, wetland delineations, project design and construction document preparations, construction administration and field representation
- Develops and maintains a data base of MCMP properties, facilities, infrastructure and natural resources.
- Prepares estimates for the Department budget
- Coordinates Department reviews of proposed projects to gain and sustain organizational consensus
Assists the Department in preparing planning documents, presentations, permitting and standards..............................................40%
- Prepares presentation level graphic plans and supporting documentation utilizing ArcView GIS, AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Programs and all other programs as necessary
- Develops and maintains departmental operating standards for graphic development programs including AutoCAD and ArcView GIS
- May prepare and deliver presentations to the Board of Park Commissioners, public groups, civic organizations, the general public and MCMP staff
- Coordinates and prepares required permits and regulatory agency reviews including but not limited to; MSWCD, OEPA, USACE, Board of Health and other regulatory agencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Assists the Department with the development and implementation of natural resource management duties........................................10%
- Participates in the management of and field related activities associated with the protection, conservation and preservation of existing MCMP natural resources and sustainable biodiversity, including but not limited to habitat, wetland & stream restoration projects, invasive species control and wildlife management and ecological biodiversity
- Participates in the field inventory and analysis associated with potential land acquisition activities
Essential Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal, print and electronic formats with peers, MCMP staff, consultants and the general public
- Must be highly skilled in the realm of public speaking, presentations and interaction
- Ability to work with various disciplines and departments in a collaborative manner towards a common goal
- Must be able to maintain a continuous positive attitude and professional appearance at all times
- Must be highly organized, efficient and be able to handle multiple, complex tasks concurrently
- Must possess proficient knowledge and technological skills needed to carry out the duties of the position including but not limited to proficiency in the current version of GPS Systems, ArcView GIS, AutoCAD, Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and future programs as developed and acquired
- Knowledge of industry trends and techniques pertaining to the fields of Landscape Architecture, Park Planning and Natural Resources
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Planning or Civil Engineering related fields from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of zero to three (0-3) years professional experience
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Ohio Driver's License
Physical Requirements Necessary to Perform Job Functions
- Ability to walk, traverse or otherwise access all MetroParks properties, under all types of conditions and weather
- Ability to stand, sit, bend or stoop for extended periods of time
- Ability to see and hear clearly
- Hand and finger dexterity, ability to use computer keyboard and writing utencils
- Ability to effectively communicate oral presentations
- Able to travel by car, bus, train, or plane, etc.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
The positon is required to be available as the situation warrants. Events may require working evenings, weekends, holidays or other times outside of what is considered a normal schedule. Typical periods of work may exceed 40 hours per week.
The duties and responsibilities listed are not set forth for the purpose of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work. Mill Creek MetroParks expressly reserves the right to add to, detract from, modify or eliminate any of the above provisions in its sole discretion.
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending site and architectural design excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, we are seeking an experienced Senior Landscape Architectbased in Cincinnati, OH or Dayton, OH.
The Senior Landscape Architect is responsible for profitable sales and growth of Woolpert’s industry-leading Landscape Architect and Urban Design services. The Senior Landscape Architect will lead and facilitate client relationship from inception through construction completion. The Senior Landscape Architect is a “seller-doer” that serves as Principal Consultant and Subject Matter Expert on complex, multiple cross-discipline project teams. The Senior Landscape Architect is involved in developing strategic Master Plans, oversight and provide expertise and critique designs for local governments, park and recreation, higher education and private sector clients.
- Lead the creative design process, initiating design, and providing leadership and quality control through completion of design and construction documents and construction
- Mentor project landscape architects and project managers in design, process, client service and quality management and control.
- Lead establishment of standards for the design process and quality of both design and design documents.
- Support business development activities including supporting Market Leaders, Project Directors and Project Managers with proposal preparation, interview, preparation/presentation and sales calls
- Identify and engage prospective new business leads to inspire imaginative design vision and develop strategic design programs in response to client needs
- Facilitate and engage appropriate cross-functional internal and client stakeholders at various stages throughout the sales and design processes
- Create sales opportunities and serve as the Landscape Architecture Subject Matter Expert/Design Director throughout the sales cycle and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Participate in scope meetings with clients to construct needs analysis and project definitions
- Lead the compilation, map preparation, and analysis of data on site conditions (such as geographic location; setting and character, community context, vegetation; topographic features; drainage, soils and location of structures) for preparation and development of master plans, site, landscape and hardscape plans
- Ability to work closely with architects and engineers to integrate collaborative design on interdisciplinary projects.
- Provide design and quality control oversite of project team construction observation to verify compliance with design intent and landscape specifications, to approve quality of materials and workmanship, and to advise client and construction team on landscape features.
- Ensure design and technical quality standards are met in accordance with the agreed scope, schedule, and budget
- Support Project Managers in guiding internal and client cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with senior management to create schedules and budgets, and to resolve schedule and budget problems as they arise
- Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident
- Accountable for the successful design and delivery of assigned project documents and project implementation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture and/or Urban Design
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience creating projects designs, driving the design process, building client loyalty and developing new business and delivery oversight for Master Plan and design projects
- Licensed Landscape Architect is required
- LEED Certification preferred
- Strong hand drawing and illustrative design skills required. Competency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Sketch Up, Revit, MS Office Suite, ArcGIS, is desired
- Must be able to travel +/-25% to client and project sites
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong creative and technical proficiency within design and construction required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
Leading Innovation and Integrity...
As members of a leading design, geospatial and infrastructure management firm, Woolpert employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity, diversity, and vision. With projects that contribute to the sustainability, security, and efficiency of federal, local and private-sector clients across the U.S. and abroad, our employees appreciate rewarding careers that contribute to advances in the Architectural/Engineering industry while also knowing they’re serving the needs of some of the best communities and organizations around the world.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Our vision: http://woolpert.com/about-us/