Happy Landscape Architecture Month!
This month OCASLA is celebrating Landscape Architecture Month through unique events and social media:
- Each day in April the OCASLA Instagram page is posting photos of landscapes and parks across Ohio, check it out HERE (can also be found on OCASLA Facebook page).
- The 2016 OCASLA Award Winners are currently being displayed in Columbus at the Center for Architecture and Design, and are also being featured in the April edition of Ohio Magazine.
- The OCASLA Miami Section held an irrigation design workshop this month.
- The OCASLA Buckeye Section participated in the Grange Audubon Center Earth Day clean up.
- On April 29th the OCASLA Western Reserve Section will hold a tour at Belden Brick Company Plant #4
For more information and to see photos from these events please visit www.ohioasla.org.
Back to top
2017 OCASLA Annual Meeting + EXPO - Speaker Highlight: Forbes Lipschitz
2017 Ohio Chapter ASLA Annual Meeting + EXPO
Speaker Highlight: Forbes Lipschitz
Educational Session #2
Speaker | Forbes Lipschitz, Assistant Professor - Landscape Architecture Section, Knowlton School, The Ohio State University
Forbes' Bio: Forbes Lipschitz is an Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture at the Austin E. Knowlton School of Architecture at The Ohio State University. She teaches both studio and seminar courses in landscape planning, geographic information systems, and representation. As a faculty affiliate with the Initiative for Food and Agricultural Transformation, her current research explores the role of geospatial analysis and representation in rethinking North American agricultural territories. She received her Master in Landscape Architecture from the Harvard Graduate School of Design and a BA in environmental aesthetics from Pomona College in Claremont, California.
The OCASLA Annual Meeting is May 19th at COSI. Click HERE to register for the Annual Meeting.
Back to top
OCASLA Members Featured in The Dirt
Jerry Smith, FASLA of SMITH | GreenHealth Consulting and Yumin Li, ASLA of POD Design have been working together on an American-style senior living development in China. Read about their exciting new project in The Dirt.
Back to top
OCASLA Awards Winner Spotlight: Cincinnati Connects Plan & Lakewood Park Solstice Steps
Cincinnati Connects Plan
Planning + Analysis - Honor Award
Human Nature, Inc.
The Cincinnati Connects plan is a collaboration between Groundwork Cincinnati-Mill Creek, Cincinnati Department of Transportation, AECOM and stakeholders from across Cincinnati to develop a bold vision for a healthy, vibrant, and revitalized city that offers enhanced mobility and connectivity for all of its citizens through a robust active transportation network.
Read the full description and view all the images for the Cincinnati Connects Plan in the 2016 OCASLA Awards Booklet.
Lakewood Park Solstice Steps
Design: Constructed - Merit Award
Environmental Design Group
From a landfill to beautiful lake views, the Solstice Steps at Lakewood Park created one the most regionally significant places for public lakefront access on Lake Erie’s coastline. It not only provides the privilege of lakefront views, but encourages residents and visitors to use the steps creatively. Its design orients visitors to enjoy the Lake, and has been a catalyst of newfound appreciation for the City’s surrounding natural resources and community investment.
Read the full description and view all the images for the Lakewood Park Solstice Steps in the 2016 OCASLA Awards Booklet.
Back to top
Welcome New OCASLA Members!
Welcome to new members Jeremy Hinte and Frieda Boland! Make sure you say hello to them at your next meeting!
Back to top
ASLA National: Update
ASLA National News: April 5, 2017
Click HERE to download the latest news from ASLA National.
Back to top
"The Science of Scenery" by Dr. Andrew Lothian
The Science of Scenery by Dr. Andrew Lothian provides a rigorous examination of how we view scenic beauty, why we like it, and how it may be measured and mapped. This book may appeal to and provide a valuable resource to landscape architects, planners, psychologists, geologists and environmentalists. It is available on amazon.com, for more information download the Book Flyer.
Back to top
greenland engineering is looking for a Landscape Architecture Designer in Cleveland, Ohio. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of architects, civil engineers, planners and others, to provide design and production support on a variety of landscape architectural projects. Project emphasis includes: K-12 and higher education, healthcare, and commercial market, as well as, land planning on commercial development. If you are interested in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a supportive and collaborative environment, please submit your resume and a sample of recent work.
Landscape Architecture Designer The position will help clients plan, design, and implement projects. Applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, a PLA license, and a minimum of 2 years of experience is preferred.
- Designs and manages landscape architecture projects.
- Develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape architecture projects.
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and contributes to firm-wide design excellence and problem solving.
- Demonstrates understanding of the relationship between design and constructability.
- Ability to incorporate Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Participates in managing client relationship.
- Assures Greenland document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Assists in preparation of proposals; participates in interviews and public presentations.
- Understands company agreements, contracts and deliverables and assures standards for project management are met.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
- Proactively engages staff and provides opportunities for development.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Ability to present designs to public review boards and commissions.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Sketchup graphic software preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
If you are interested in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a supportive and collaborative environment, please submit your resume and a sample of recent work to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Greenland Engineering, Attn: HR, 4133 Erie Street, Willoughby, OH 44094
Please visit our website at: www.greenlandeng.com
Greenland Engineering is an equal opportunity Employer.
Five Rivers MetroParks in Dayton, Ohio is looking for a new landscape architect. To read more about the position description and qualifications, please click this link: https://www.metroparks.org/about/careers/
|Back to top